SBI is the India’s largest banking and financial company, providing services through over more than 14,000 branches all over the country. As the time changes, when all the things shifted on the internet, the banking services are also moved on internet and now all banking services are available on web. So here we are with all the procedure of SBI Internet Banking.
Steps for Registration of SBI Internet Banking :
- Visit your native SBI branch, apply for Internet Banking and they will provide an Internet Banking PPK-Kit (Internet Kit)which carry the temporary username and password. It looks like this :
- Here’s the temporary “USERNAME” and “PASSWORD” will be given by SBI that you have to use at your first time login for internet banking.
- We have to also require of “KIT NUMBER” that will be on front page of envelope.
While searching the offficial website of SBI on web i.e. onlinesbi. Here the things to keep in your mind that before the www.onlinesbi.com there must be “https” which means the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure that provide you encrypted data which means the third-party can not attack and the data whatever you transfer is totally secure. Another one is before https://www.onlinesbi.com there must be “STATE BANK OF INDIA(IN)” along with lock sign in green color which is the highest secure site sign.
SBI Internet Banking Step by Step Guide :
- First is to go to SBI official website https://www.onlinesbi.com
- A new window will appear with the option of “personal banking ” or “corporate banking” from which you have to click on “personal banking” at Login button.
- The next step for SBI Internet Banking will be to click on the button of “CONTINUE TO LOGIN”.
- After clicking on continue to login you reach on another page where you have to fill the username and password that was given to you from the STATE BANK OF INDIA through kit as a previously mention(What is Kit?)
after sumbition of username and password click on login .
3. Create your new login User Id.
4.Next step will be to create the “Login Password” . Login password must be minimum 8 characters and maximum might be 20 characters. The login password must be include some alphabets (A-Z, a-z); number(0-9); special character(@#$%^).
After the confirm login password click on confirm to procedure further.
5.The last step will be the to create the “Profile Password” . Profile password is use to make further changes in your online account . It should be different from “Login Password”. It also be between 8-20 character and combination of alphabet, numbers and special character.
After setting the profile password, select a security question and enter its answer. In last fill all the remaining section and your first time login is successfully done.
6.After submition of all information you got the message of completation of first time login internet banking.
Applying for SBI Internet Banking without visiting bank(by using your ATM):
If you have a SBI bank account, then you can also apply for its internet banking without visiting the bank and no need of ppkkit, you have to just follow these steps:
1. Search the official site of SBI(link available on upper section of this page), after that click on the “New User Registration” .
2. After that a new window will open and you have to fill your SBI bank account details i.e First enter your bank account number, CIF number( account number and CIF number is only available in your bank passbook only), branch number(bank number is available on your passbook and you can also find it on internet), select your country, enter your mobile number which is registered in your SBI bank account, select your transaction rights according to your use and in the last enter the number which is shown in a picture on your window and click on submit button.
3. A OTP will be sent on your entered number and enter that OTP on the text box which is shown on your window.
4. On successful authentication, you have to choose on option between
A. I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit)
B. I do not have my ATM card (INB activation by branch)
5. We start with second option i.e. “I do not have my ATM card (INB activation by branch)” in this case you receive a post containing your login password which reach within 10 days.
6. Here you have to select the first option i.e. I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit).
7. After selecting I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit), a payment gateway will open and you have to enter your debit card details such as card number, valid thru/Expiry Date, cardholder’s Name, PIN and the captcha then click on ‘submit’ button.
8.By successful authentication, a temporary username will be displayed on window screen and you will be asked to set your login password , enter the password, confirm the password and click on submit icon.
9. Now,the temporary username and ppk no. will be sent on your number.
NOTE: Temporary username is used to first time login.
10. You are almost done, now follow the above given steps for registering SBI Internet Banking.
Important Note: Password and PPK numbers are completely different, thereby PPK No. cannot be used as a login password. PPK numbers are used in the activation process only when you received the PPK kit from the bank branch in person (or) received through a mailer and it will not be used when registration done using an online web portal and received PPK number as SMS in mobile.